1-bedroom apartment sold subject to contract
Dove House Court, Grange Road, Solihull, B91 1EW - Asking Price £170,000
- SECOND FLOOR APARTMENT WITH LIFT ACCESS
- COMMUNAL ENTRANCE HALL
- RECEPTION HALL - GUEST CLOAKROOM
- LIVING ROOM WITH FRONT FACING VIEWS
- FITTED KITCHEN
- 1 DOUBLE BEDROOM - EN-SUITE WET ROOM
- GAS CENTRAL HEATING - DOUBLE GLAZING
- COMMUNAL RESIDENTS LOUNGE AND DINING ROOM
- COMMUNAL LAUNDRY
- COMMUNAL GUEST SUITE
- COMMUNAL GARDENS AND PARKING
- MINIMUM AGE 60
- ON-SITE MANAGER - 24 HOUR CARE-LINE COMMUNICATION
- NO CHAIN
52 Dovehouse Court is a spacious and well proportioned, beautifully presented, 1 double bedroom, second floor, retirement apartment for the over 60’s. Being most conveniently situated opposite the excellent local shops on ‘Dovehouse Parade’ and set within well-tended communal gardens, this delightful apartment also benefits from front facing views and no upward chain
When Mum was looking for a retirement flat when the time came for her to leave the large family home, we viewed many apartments. Lots of factors were taken into consideration.
This one stood out for Mum for the following reasons:
- Perfect location. Dovehouse Parade is arguably the best parade of shops in Solihull and had every type of shop she required from her hairdresser to her dentist. She already used these shops regularly and it proved to be a big factor in her decision. She remained independently able to use these shops even as her mobility decreased and appreciated the quality and range of shops available. Being adjacent to the Warwick Road gave her easy access to public transport with only a short journey into Solihull via regular, reliable bus route. That said she preferred a taxi! Olton was within walking distance when fully mobile which provided access to Birmingham via Olton station and the excellent St Margaret’s GP surgery (highly recommended).
- Light, spacious and airy. Mum hated dark rooms. The front facing aspect of this flat gave her bright days and the sunshine would stream in which she loved. Whilst she enjoyed the view looking out at Dovehouse Parade and seeing activity, the complex is situated far enough away from road to be quiet with no traffic noise at all.
- Having an en-suite, spacious wet room separate from a cloakroom for guests, was a definite attraction.
- The established gardens are lovely - full of trees, shrubs and residents have a gardening club. The gardens are well maintained and were a source of pleasure for us to sit in with her. Many summer afternoon family teas were enjoyed in the grounds.
- Dovehouse Court is well managed. The staff were caring and kind which proved invaluable. We never worried about Mum when family were away on holiday and knew that she was in a safe, kind environment.
- The active social life of the court e.g., Saturday entertainment, armchair yoga, film showings etc. provided opportunities for residents to socialise and Mum made some good friends whilst living here. We particularly liked the fact there were enough apartments in this complex to make things viable and well supported, without obligation to attend.
In reality, leaving a family home is a big decision and not undertaken lightly. Mum had ‘that feeling’ when she entered this particular apartment that this was the right one for her. It proved to be the right decision as she had 8 very happy years here. Without a doubt, it was moving here that enabled her to maintain her independence. She never regretted choosing this apartment and was very happy living here.
We have been advised that the property is LEASEHOLD, with approximately 99 years unexpired (125 years from January 1st 1996) and is subject to an annual service charge of £6,480, paid in 12 monthly instalments of £540, which we believe also includes the ground rent. You should check this with your legal advisor before exchanging contracts.
Solihull Borough Council
Click for EPC Information
Misrepresentation Act 1967
These particulars are believed to be correct but their accuracy is not guaranteed nor do they form part of any contract.